Porsche 911 Carrera Cylinder Rebuild Service
Our Porsche 911 hydraulic top rams consist of:
- Upgraded internal seals
- New replacement rod/guide bushings
- New seals at the swivel hose connections
- Hose retaining clips to secure hose connections after replacing swivel seals
- Refinished cylinder rods to provide optimal sealing surface
For an additional cost we also offer new high-strength replacement hoses.
Rebuild service includes the following cylinder part numbers: 99756194502, 99656104501, 99656194500, 99756194500, 99756194501, 99656194501, 99656194502, 99656104601
Important Note: The Porsche 911 (996/997) has two hydraulic rams that power the convertible top roof. We highly recommend replacing/rebuilding both original rams/cylinders at the same time since the life span of the seals is predictably similar. See inspection and removal instructions.
Do not unscrew the guide and drive pins from your cylinders. Doing so may break the pins and result in extra charges to repair the damaged parts.
Our Rebuilt Cylinder versus the Original Factory Cylinder:
The original factory rod bushings become contaminated, dry-rotted, cracked, and pitted from years of use, causing excessive rod scratches and leaks. Cabriolet Hydraulics has remedied this in our most recent rebuild improvements. We now replace the bushings as part of our standard Porsche 911 (996/997) Cabriolet Cylinder Rebuild Service.
- Two rebuilt Porsche 911 hydraulic top rams pre-filled with hydraulic fluid and pre-positioned for quick installation.
- A new set of copper banjo line seals for attaching the hose connectors to the pump.
- A bottle of hydraulic fluid and dispenser cap to fill the pump reservoir.
- Cylinder installation guide for 911 cylinders rebuilt by Cabriolet Hydraulics.
Our documented installation method eliminates the need for cumbersome hydraulic fluid reservoir refilling during purging.
Preparing Cylinders for Shipping
It’s important to drain, wrap, and pack your cylinder(s) properly to protect them from damage that can occur in shipping.
For each cylinder:
- Thoroughly drain fluid.
- Push cylinder shaft completely to one end.
- Leave pins in place.
- Wrap exposed cylinder shaft with bubble wrap, foam, or other materials to protect it from damage.
- Cover line ends with small plastic bags secured with twist ties, zip ties, or tape.
- Wrap each cylinder individually before placing in shipping box.
- Add enough space-filler to shipping box to prevent shifting and tumbling.
- Seal box properly.
Pump Rebuild Service
Cabriolet Hydraulics also offers a Porsche 911 Pump Rebuild Service for your 996 and 997 convertible top hydraulic pump. Our rebuild service restores pump performance to factory specification. Rebuild service includes the following pump part numbers: 996.561.060.00, 996.561.060.01 and 996.5671.060.02.
Complete Convertible Top Hydraulic System Rebuild Service
Send us your entire Porsche 911 (996/997) convertible top hydraulic system for rebuild, including the hydraulic rams and hoses, pump, and banjo bolts. Rebuilding the entire system ensures optimal factory performance and safeguards against re-contaminating clean refurbished parts with sludge and debris from any old parts that have not been rebuilt. Cabriolet Hydraulics will rebuild the cylinders and pump, re-assemble the system, fill with hydraulic fluid, and bleed the air from the system. This makes for an easy ready-to-go installation.
911 Turbo Spoiler Drive Rebuild Service
Cabriolet Hydraulics offers a rebuild service for your Porsche 911 Turbo spoiler drive.